CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 13, 2012

Jacob's Swim Lessons

So what do you do with a kid that takes level 1 swim lesson 3 times from the public pool? Our solution was to pay a little more for private lessons. It was worth every penny. I think we will save money in the long run.
 Grace was showing her breath holding skills outside of the pool. I think she was breathing through her nose.
 Last year, by the end of group swim lessons, Jacob would finally go under water and try to float on his back for about 2 seconds. After five days of 20 minute individual lessons, Jacob could swim across the pool and jump off the diving board.
 I bribed him with a snowy if he would jump without help. It worked.
 He didn't want to take swim lessons. He begged me not to sign him up. The last day he was sad that they were over. I think he has a great sense of accomplishment.
WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!

3 comments:

John and Kathy said...

I agree, worth every penny. Good job Jake!!

Anthon Family said...

Wow Jacob, great job!!
Where is this pool, it looks swanky?!

Unknown said...

Jacob -- You're the MAN. Jumping in and swimming clear across the pool. We knew you could do it. Just have faith in yourself and keep saying "I CAN DO HARD THINGS". Love ya G&G H2C