CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

4th of July

Michelle informed us of the Run of the Mosquitoes Race  (Hooper's suckiest 5k) held on the 4th of July. This race intrigued me because it is run by a family in the ward I grew up in. Part of the race went down Nedra's Lane. Nedra is my Grandma Mecham's sister. The house at the end of the lane is where my grandma grew up. It was a great event which made me miss living in Hooper.

This is Natalie finishing strong.

 Cade's big finish!

 Jacob and Mark refused to run. Jacob read comic books in the shade of someone's car.

 Wendell running in!
 Mammy and Taycina

 Michelle and Emily

 Jeff

 Grace ran really well for the first mile, started to struggle the next half mile so we cut the race short. The last half mile she was screaming at me that she didn't want to run anymore (our race was cut down to about two miles).
 This is Grace pulling on me. She didn't want to run anymore.
 A nice stranger grabbed her other hand and got her to run to the finish.
 When all was said and done, she said she wanted to run another race.

Then Grace went straght to the Hooper Parade where she rode on a float for her dance class.
 Grace is on the bottom row next to the #29 in a white T-shirt

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Great pictures! It was a fun race.