CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 7, 2012

There is a teenager in our house!!!!

I can't believe that it has been 13 years since Cade became a part of our family. He has brought so much happiness into our lives. (I didn't do such a good job scanning this picture. Jaundice was Cade's only chance at having a nice tan).



 Cade was thrilled with his new church shoes and tie. He was very polite.

He seemed a little happier with the BYU jersey and game tickets.
 We went to Iggy's  for dinner. I had told Cade that once he hit Jr. High he didn't get anymore birthday parties with friends. Even though I planned to stick with this idea, it provided the perfect opportunity to surprise him with a movie night with friends... I think someone told him, he didn't seem very surprised.
 We had a family party on Sunday. Cade enjoyed having the opportunity to talk to grandma and grandpa in Borneo He liked that he got to speak to them by himself without all the commotion. He was telling me the other day how he missed them. He especially misses grandma's cooking and how they let him eat as much as he wants. 
 Apparently turning 13 is a great way to make money. 


 I think it was Natalie who said that when you are raising children the days go by so slow and the years go by so fast.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I can't believe we are old enough to have these grown up kids. I still feel like I'm 20 something. Happy Birthday, Cade!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to our first grand. what joy and happiness you have given us for thirteen years. You are an amazing young man and we love you so much. Hope you have at least 100 more birthdays. G&G Read